Tuesday, December 16, 2008

What do you think of this House?

Jenn and I have found a house that looks promising.
It's absolutely the best house in our price range.
The only problem is that it's on a busy road.
We'd like to know about your experiences on big roads to
make a good decision. Thanks!
Feel free to click the picture to spin around.

View Larger Map

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Edgewood turned out to be a busy road, and so did Glassman, but houses still sell. I think the house looks great! How's the inside?

Unknown said...

You might want to look into the re-sale value of a home on a busy road, though. I think houses on busy roads may have lower prices.

Unknown said...

Safety for kids and/or (cats?) would me my biggest concern. However it has a fenced in backyard, so that could help keep the kids back there. That is a pretty busy street but it's wide so that helps, I have ridden my bike there several times. Turning left or backing out could be a problem during busy times, or when there is a lot of snow (But it will get plowed often and probably quickly), there seems to be a large driveway though, so you could turn around in the driveway and pull out forward. The house across the street has a pool, you could become friends with them and go swimming :-) Contact the Clearfield police and see how many accident's including accidents with pedestrians happened on that street in 2008, that could help. I don't think I would completely write off the house because it's on a busy street, but I would do some research and maybe if the other parts of the house are really good, it's worth some of the negative aspects of a busy street. But there are positive's too.

Brooke said...

We love Clearfield. It really is a great city to live in. And it would be cool to have you guys close! Mom was talking about the resell value of the house on a busy street, but I was thinking you'll be paying less for it in the first place, so it's all relative. It's good that it has a backyard for kids to play in when you get to that point. Even though we don't live on a busy street, we are always out front with Hailee when she plays in the front yard, of course. So, I don't know if it would really be too big of a deal that it's on a busy street with kids, because you'd always be right there to supervise. There are definately pro's and con's in any house that you buy, so you just have to decide which con's you can deal with. So anyway, just my thoughts.

Kate and Kayden said...

What part of Clearfield? We love the area of CLearfield thats out by clinton area! when you have kids you'll just have to watch them close. We know all to well how thay love to run off! ;).

Iverson's said...

Hey I think we looked at that house! Its was nice inside and we really loved it. We were just afraid of the resale on it so make sure you look into that. It might be hard to sell. How long has it been on the market?

NefariousRich said...

Well, this house actually isn't even on the market yet. It's one of Jenn's friends at work that will be selling it. I'm assuming that if we won't buy it then it will go to market.

Wheeler Family said...

We are selling our house, it is not as new as that one but it is in a quiet neighborhood across the street from a church. If your interested let us know.