Last month I had the opportunity to go to a photography seminar at the Salt Lake Library for a group called photowalking utah (www.photowalkingutah.com). Before going into the Salt Lake Library I noticed this church which I had seen maybe once before.
Since I was going to a photography workshop, I obviously had my mini-tripod and camera with me. I decided that I would take a picture of the cathedral after the seminar. Having scoped out the only possible slab of cement that I could sit on while aligning my tiny tripod, I proceeded to nearly press my face against the cement to try and see what I was getting in the viewfinder. Luckily there weren't many passersby since they would have wondered if I was a beggar that had made off with a really nice camera from someone uptown.
After I took the photo below I scoped out some other locations when I realized that this wasn't a cathedral at all, it was the city county building! Knowing the strict rules that cities place on federal buildings, I began to walk back toward my car, peering over my shoulder periodically to see if there were any security guards who would make me delete my precious photos. I hid behind a tree and somersaulted over a bush to avoid the glare of two officers walking my way. I slunk into my car, sped away, and rejoiced in my captures.

2 comments:
Wow! I've seen this building so many times....but never in this way. You've made it look seriously haunted! Way to outsmart the security guards. (I didn't know you couldn't take pictures of government buildings...)
Wow, that is a beautiful picture! And a hilarious story:) I can totally see you somersaulting over that bush!
Post a Comment